A friend introduced me to Design Your Life – Former IKEA Executive Shares Her Tools for Personal Success by Pernille Spiers-Lopez. The same friend who introduced me to Spark Joy. I bought the digital book and it only took me a few days to finish. It is a guide combined with personal stories. I highlighted what stood out to me.
I feel encouraged to know what I want. I have made a pledge to myself to:
- Be patient
- Work hard
- Not complain but to ask what am I going to do about it?
- Acknowledge change is hard work and has its challenges but there will be great learning and the outcomes will be worth it
- Set goals, reach goals and celebrate.
- Have the right team around me and to ask for help
- Acknowledge the issue and try to solve the problem
- Not make assumptions but ask questions and learn more.
I feel back on track. I’m good at something but not everything and that is ok.