Got a pain? Get on a plane!

What do you do if have a spinal cord injury in ACT and need medical assistance? Get on a plane (or in a car, bus or train) to Sydney to either Prince of Wales Hospital or Royal North Shore. There are no spinal cord injury units in the ACT.

I engaged a multidisciplinary team at Prince of Wales Hospital as an outpatient and later as an inpatient admitted through Emergency. My team consisted of a dietician, occupational therapist, doctors, nurses, psychologist, psychiatrist, physio and social worker. Other teams including plastics and colorectal doctors were also part of my team.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: